Caring for Destination
Main area of focus in Caring for the Destination:
Environment conservation and community development
Detailed description of the Caring for the Destination Initiative:
In 2007 Borneo Eco Tours initiated a contribution of RM8.00 per tourist traveling by speed boat to Sukau Rainforest Lodge to our non-profit foundation, for carbon offsetting program. In addition, we set aside RM 20.00 from our guest's purchase of Kinabatangan tour packages towards BEST Society's Conservation Levy for various projects in Sabah.
What we do/ have:
- Four stroke outboard engines with minimal sound level & less gas emission on river cruises.
- Electric motors in the river boats to minimize pollution and noise for the maximum comfort to both passengers and wildlife.
- Together with our conservation partner Borneo Ecotourism Solutions & Technologies (B.E.S.T), we adopted 64 acres of former timber log pond with the purpose of rehabilitating the area to provide wildlife corridor in Sukau.
- Keeping noise level low near wildlife habitat and disallow smoking near wildlife.
- Educating guests on environmental consciousness through website, Sukau Visitors Handbook, Code of Practice & Code of Ethics for Tourists
Book for more than 20 people, contact us directly
Pick up at guest's hotel in Sandakan or at the Sandakan airport.