Turtle and Orang Utan
This island has been a park conservation area since 1977. Turtles nest on the island every night throughout the year. During this overnight trip you will have the opportunity to watch Green Turtle lay eggs, transplant eggs to the hatchery and release baby turtles to the sea. This is a magical experience that gives you the opportunity to commune with nature.
- From Sandakan airport transfer to jetty Selingan Island by 1 hour speed boat ride.
- Check into chalet.
- Free time to explore island, swim and snorkel.
- After dinner, wait for signal from the Park Ranger before we proceed in small groups to watch Green Turtle lay eggs on the beach, transplanting of eggs to hatchery and release of baby turtles to the sea.
- Overnight in twin share room.
- After breakfast, return to Sandakan by boat and proceed to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre for video show.
- Trek through the rainforest on wooden plank walks to witness the feeding of the orang utans at 10:00.
- Short tour of Sandakan town including the Australian War Memorial.
- Transfer to airport for late afternoon flight to Kota Kinabalu.
- Photographing turtles is strictly prohibited between 1800hrs and 0600hrs.
- Please ensure you are holding your air ticket to Sandakan.
- The rooms at Selingan Island are based on twin share only.
Single Supplement is RM125.00
What is Included
- Tours, transfers as specified, one night accommodation, meals (2 X lunch, 1 X breakfast, 1 X dinner), entrance fees and an English speaking guide.
What is Not Included
- Airfare and associated tax (Kota Kinabalu/Sandakan/Kota Kinabalu), Snorkelling gear, camera fee and items not mentioned.
What to Bring
- Swim wear, sun block lotion, hat, personal toiletries, insect repellent, Walking shoes, raincoat, and a torchlight.
- Child rate range from 3 - 12 years old.
- Children are entitled to 25% off adult rate base on twin share and 50% off adult rate based on extra mattress (subject to availability).
Book for more than 20 people, contact us directly
Pick-up from Sandakan airport or your hotel at Sandakan.